- We will keep this simple, we are working to ensure that your safety and that of our team comes first.
- The world has changed and this is our response, our roadmap outlining how we are working to adapt and what that will mean for your Menagerie experience.
- We kindly ask that you cooperate with our Covid Guidelines to protect yourself and others, for this to work it will be a joint effort.
What you need to know before you dine with us:
- · We are currently only able to accept bookings for up to 6 guests both inside and outside. These 6 people, including adults and children.
- · Please check in with reservations at reception and use our hand sanitiser pod. A team member shall take you to be seated at your table.
- · We will require name and contact details of one member of your party, which will be stored for 21 days to support NHS Test & Trace. These details will be held confidentially and deleted after the given period.
- · Our team will be wearing masks. Guests are also needed to wear masks when they enter the hotel and when moving around in order to be seated, when leaving and visiting the bathroom. Whilst seated at a table, masks can be removed. Guests in the garden do not need to wear masks, but do if they enter the hotel at any time.
- · Throughout the entirety of your experience we will ask you to maintain a 1 metre distance from other parties & staff.
- · Please kindly do not let children wander around the venue and please accompany them when visiting the bathroom.
- · There will be a one - way route through the venue with guests entering through the main Hotel reception, visiting the bathroom and exiting the venue through our Terrace Bar side doors.
- · Once you have been shown to your table we ask that you remain at your table other than to visit the bathroom. There will be no bar service, we shall bring everything to the table.
- · If you are going to the bathroom or leaving the venue please follow our one-way system through the venue.
- · Bathrooms; guests will be asked to queue outside the bathrooms. The bathrooms shall be thoroughly cleaned every 30 minutes.
- We want to reassure you that there’s regular thorough cleaning throughout the hotel; all our team will be washing their hands every twenty minutes and sanitising ‘touch points’ every half an hour. The tables and chairs will be cleaned after each customer.
- · To avoid cross contamination menus will only be used once and then recycled.
- · We will bring cutlery to the table with your food and provide disposable napkins, these will also be recycled after use.
- · We respectfully ask that you pay by contactless, credit/debit card wherever possible.
- · Please kindly refrain from moving furniture around. Please ask a team member for assistance.
- · We are only permitted to serve until 10pm, please kindly leave the venue by this time.
- · If you feel at all unwell, please save your visit for another day.
What are we doing to ensure we maintain a hygienic environment:
- Staff temperature checks on arrival at work
- · Hand sanitiser stations on arrival and around the venue
- Enhanced cleaning procedures across the venue
- Deep cleans between sittings
- 20 minute regular hand wash protocol for staff
- · Application of Zoono** 30 day protective surface shield throughout the entire
- venue, proven to be 99.9% affective at destroying covid-19 upon contact.
- · NanoSeptic continuously self cleaning surfaces to cover heavily handled areas such
- as door handles
- · Personal protective equipment & screens for staff, face shields and masks where appropriate and gloves for specific duties (handling deliveries & waste, food preparation, reservations desk.)
- · Sterilisation of crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- · Hourly cleaning checklist relating to waiter stations, POS screens and equipment
- Personal staff pre-shift checklists
- For our team:
- Staggered arrivals for shifts
- One person at a time in the staff room
- Staff change into uniform on-site
- Working in team bubbles
- · New procedures for taking deliveries and handling waste
- Kitchen and bar teams side by side working
Fine comfort in the Oxfordshire countryside
Originally built as a Victorian Country house in 1870- Steventon House Hotel has undergone several incarnations. The propertys previous residents and rich history have helped shape it.
Once owned by sewing machine magnate, Sir Mortimer singer, as part of the larger Milton Hill Estate, it is rumoured that his mistress Isadora Duncan, the famous dancer lived here.
From 1903 to 1912 the house was home to the Eyston family, of whom George, a racing driver was most famous. He broke more world records with different types of motor, than any other man of this time. In 1938, at 357 mph he broke the worlds land speed record for the third time. A plaque to this effect can be found on the wall by the front door of the hotel.
The house was converted into a hotel in 1981, however it was in 2007 when Divine hotels took over the property, that the hotels present transformation began. Steventon House hotel now boasts a recently refurbished bar and restaurant, 2 impressive event spaces, 23 newly designed ensuite bedrooms, all combining to create a breathtaking destination.
An eclectic mix of decor-classical and contemporary boutique, but maintaining a Victorian charm
Corporate mission statement
"We strive for perfection and equally we aim to offer our guests ‘a home away from home’ a place where you can enjoy the best food and drinks and warmest service in elegant surroundings. The experience should be uplifting and one that we hope you will repeat time and time again."View Hotel Video
Steventon House is located in the heart of the Science Vale and other major business parks. Located just a few minutes from the A34 Milton Interchange.
Perfect and very close for corporate guests visiting your premises as we are just a few minutes away by car.
Please see below the estimated miles from Steventon House:
|Milton Park||1.6 miles|
|Harwell Innovation & Science Campus||2.5 miles|
|Diamond Light Source Ltd||2.5 miles|
|Rutherford Appleton Laboratory||2.5 miles|
|Abingdon Business Park||5 miles|
|Williams F1 Conference Centre||6 miles|
|Culham Science Centre||7 miles|
|Grove Business Park||7.3 miles|
Attending a wedding nearby, we are extremely close to:
|Milton Park||1.6 miles|
|Ardington House||4 miles|
|Lairns Barn||5 miles|
|Didcot Parkway||3.5 miles|
|Didcot Railway Centre||3.5 miles|
|Blenheim Palace||19 miles|
|Bicester Village Outlet Stores||24 miles|