- We will keep this simple, we are working to ensure that your safety and that of our team comes first.
- The world has changed and this is our response, our roadmap outlining how we are working to adapt and what that will mean for your Menagerie experience.
- We kindly ask that you cooperate with our Covid Guidelines to protect yourself and others, for this to work it will be a joint effort.
What you need to know before you dine with us:
- · We are currently only able to accept bookings for up to 6 guests both inside and outside. These 6 people, including adults and children.
- · Please check in with reservations at reception and use our hand sanitiser pod. A team member shall take you to be seated at your table.
- · We will require name and contact details of one member of your party, which will be stored for 21 days to support NHS Test & Trace. These details will be held confidentially and deleted after the given period.
- · Our team will be wearing masks. Guests are also needed to wear masks when they enter the hotel and when moving around in order to be seated, when leaving and visiting the bathroom. Whilst seated at a table, masks can be removed. Guests in the garden do not need to wear masks, but do if they enter the hotel at any time.
- · Throughout the entirety of your experience we will ask you to maintain a 1 metre distance from other parties & staff.
- · Please kindly do not let children wander around the venue and please accompany them when visiting the bathroom.
- · There will be a one - way route through the venue with guests entering through the main Hotel reception, visiting the bathroom and exiting the venue through our Terrace Bar side doors.
- · Once you have been shown to your table we ask that you remain at your table other than to visit the bathroom. There will be no bar service, we shall bring everything to the table.
- · If you are going to the bathroom or leaving the venue please follow our one-way system through the venue.
- · Bathrooms; guests will be asked to queue outside the bathrooms. The bathrooms shall be thoroughly cleaned every 30 minutes.
- We want to reassure you that there’s regular thorough cleaning throughout the hotel; all our team will be washing their hands every twenty minutes and sanitising ‘touch points’ every half an hour. The tables and chairs will be cleaned after each customer.
- · To avoid cross contamination menus will only be used once and then recycled.
- · We will bring cutlery to the table with your food and provide disposable napkins, these will also be recycled after use.
- · We respectfully ask that you pay by contactless, credit/debit card wherever possible.
- · Please kindly refrain from moving furniture around. Please ask a team member for assistance.
- · We are only permitted to serve until 10pm, please kindly leave the venue by this time.
- · If you feel at all unwell, please save your visit for another day.
What are we doing to ensure we maintain a hygienic environment:
- Staff temperature checks on arrival at work
- · Hand sanitiser stations on arrival and around the venue
- Enhanced cleaning procedures across the venue
- Deep cleans between sittings
- 20 minute regular hand wash protocol for staff
- · Application of Zoono** 30 day protective surface shield throughout the entire
- venue, proven to be 99.9% affective at destroying covid-19 upon contact.
- · NanoSeptic continuously self cleaning surfaces to cover heavily handled areas such
- as door handles
- · Personal protective equipment & screens for staff, face shields and masks where appropriate and gloves for specific duties (handling deliveries & waste, food preparation, reservations desk.)
- · Sterilisation of crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- · Hourly cleaning checklist relating to waiter stations, POS screens and equipment
- Personal staff pre-shift checklists
- For our team:
- Staggered arrivals for shifts
- One person at a time in the staff room
- Staff change into uniform on-site
- Working in team bubbles
- · New procedures for taking deliveries and handling waste
- Kitchen and bar teams side by side working
Recent feedback from some happy guests
Second stay at the Steventon
I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions, both for business purposes. Excellent location and easy to find and park. Both times I have been allocated a room in an annex type building at the rear of the hotel. The room this time was slightly tired in decor, hence not the full rating, but a good size and spotless. The only slight issue I had was the noise from the plumbing, especially from nearby rooms but was not really a major problem. I would highly recommend the food from the restaurant, I had an evening meal at the hotel that was delicious and very good value for money, and also breakfast which was fine. The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough to help. I would definitely return to this hotel when visiting this area again and might consider requesting a room within the main building to avoid the very short, but open to the elements (ie, torrential rain), walk to hotel bar/restaurant.
Me and my friend came here as a Christmas treat and catch-up and it was so perfect for purpose. Although the hotel was extremely busy and quite popular with diners, we were welcomed in and ushered to our rooms in no time at all. Our original intention was to have some drinks and a meal, but on entering our room and sitting on the bed, I was sold, and didn't want to move - the bed is soooo comfortable - and this has reminded me I wanted to ask management what make it was! Whilst there was a Christmas party happening downstairs, I was able to have a small nap and was completely unable to hear the party going on downstairs. When we finally emerged from our rooms for some drinks and some food, the bar area was well staffed, informal but aesthetically pleasing and we felt really comfortable to have a mellow chat. Once we were ready for dinner I was completely shocked. It was as though we had gone out somewhere fancy - there were duck spring rolls and a bed of angel hair noodles, for mains we had a perfectly sized Christmas dinner, and for dessert (as at by this point there was no stopping us), we decided to simply get one of everything! I loved each one, even the dessert I don't generally like. I can't wait to go back. Food, drinks, bed - what more do you need.
Stayed there for a wedding, food was amazing, staff attentive. All in all a very pleasant weekend. Rooms were large with everything from hair dryer to iron. Bathroom smelt a little musty. Half an hour from Bicester outlet village
Golden wedding anniversary
A few weeks ago we celebrated our golden wedding anniversary with friends and family at the hotel. The booking procedure was a little difficult, but once we had the organiser, Teodora in the picture it all went well. We had the Sunday buffet and the organisation,atmosphere, food and service were all excellent and the prices very reasonable. I would have no hesitation in recommending it for such an occasion.